Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Everyone is suffering

Everyone suffers for one reason or another, and to that person, their suffering seems worse than everyone else’s suffering.

I just found out that a friend of mine is pregnant again after her first miscarriage. I’m sure she suffered significantly with the loss of her first pregnancy, and is suffering even more now, worrying about this one.

I envy her. If you have a miscarriage, doctors take you more seriously. They can examine your tissue and possibly determine the cause. If you have never conceived, after a while doctors get tired of you and really just wish you would go see someone else because they don't know what else to try.

But then I think about my sister, who might never even have a chance to have children because of her chemo. How can I complain when her problems are so much worse than mine?

There is no justice or reason to what we are dealt in life. We just need to find strength to deal with our own personal pain.

No comments: