Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Everything happens for a Reason

I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I don’t yet know the reason for my infertility, but it will be clear when I look back in five or ten years.

Perhaps I have breast cancer that doesn’t yet show up on a mammogram. Finding out you have breast cancer while you are pregnant would be horrible- do you undergo chemo and risk harming your baby, or do you postpone it and risk your own health?

Maybe I am having trouble now to make me a stronger person and better appreciate the life that I do end up with.

On the scale of human suffering, infertility is pretty minor. I haven’t lived in a war zone, I haven’t lost any close family members to violence, I haven’t been divorced, I haven’t had any miscarriages, I haven’t been homeless... I am really quite fortunate!

No comments: